"Batshit Insane" doesn't even begin to scratch the surface. I have gone completely nuts. Living a life as I do will do that to someone. When you have a grown child who has a child of her own, 2 more teenage children, and a Pit Bull who is allergic to EVERYTHING, and along with that, add on that my only grandmother that I have left has been on her deathbed for 2 weeks now, and some other personal unmentionable circumstances, and your friends totally ignore you unless THEY need to talk...yeah...I am totally Batshit Insane.
Lately, the things that normally would stress me out have been just making me laugh. The grown child, who works 5 days a week, depends on me to babysit for her and drive her back and forth to this job. She doesn't use her paycheck to buy anything for the baby or to save up for her own apartment and car. No...She spends her money getting her belly button pierced, researching tattoos online, buying new phones and gadgets, and let's not forget supporting her weed habit.
I just recently insisted she start paying me for my services. All hell broke loose. I don't think that it would kill her to pay me a measly 25.00 a week for me to babysit 20 hours a week, and be her taxi. After all, she could ride the bus at 2.80 a trip...but because of this, according to her, she cannot save any money because she has to give ALL of her money to me. Seriously...she makes about 300 bi-weekly. -_-
Anyhow, in addition to all of this, I don't get a thank you. I get treated like shit, and everytime she doesn't get her way, She logs onto her twitter account and posts about 20 tweets to tell the world all about how much of a bitch her mother is. Nice.
Don't get me started about the other two teenage kids...I will save that for another day.
So anyway, The other day, she decided she needed a break from the baby. She paid one of her friends to babysit, $20.00 for one evening. (almost the amount I ask for an entire week of sitting!) Then she asks me if I would take her across town and drop her off at her boyfriend's house. I don't even have enough gas to go visit my sick grandma in the hospital so I said No.
This erupted into a huge argument where she tells me that the reason why she has not gotten an apartment, childcare, or done anything to better herself is because I DON'T HELP HER. I wont drive her anywhere! Really? I drive her to work, the baby's doctor appointments, WIC, everywhere....but because I wont take her to her boyfriend's house, I don't help enough...so it's all my fault that she is not where she needs to be in life.
Then she goes back to twitter and says "She don't do anything for me." and said something along the lines of how she is going to leave and I will never see her again because she is going to start acting like her dad.
Good luck with that! In fact, why don't you call your Dad...who does ZERO for you?
I just ignored her. I left and went grocery shopping, and came home to a very friendly Grown child. This version of my grown child actually put her phone down long enough to clean up the house, and even give her baby a bath and get her dressed. She then starts a conversation with me, as if none of the earlier argument ever happened. I ignored her all day. I recognize an official "Ass kissing session to get your way" when I see one.
Later that evening, she ended up walking about 4 miles clear across town to go see her boyfriend.
Yes...She will walk to go see her boyfriend, but she will not walk 2 blocks up the street to look at an apartment, or a mile and a half up the street to go to work. This is my grown child.
Fast forward to today.
Grown Child: My friend is going to take me to look for apartments.
ME: That's great.
Grown Child: SO....can I leave the baby with you?
ME: No. I have things to do, and I will have the baby every other day this week while you work.
Also...I didn't forget about all of the mean things you said to me the other day. I am not doing anything extra for you from now on until you learn to respect me.
Grown Child: Gets on Twitter and starts calling me names again.
I ignored her and left....
I came home to her filling out an application for public housing...all by herself!
The funny part about all of this....is if she wouldn't have disrespected me with her shitty attitude, she probably would have gotten that ride to her boyfriend's house the other night.
No comments:
Post a Comment